- E-mails – this removes temptation to re-read past e-mails and potentially make contact again during a weak moment.
- Texts – just like e-mails, we are tempted to go back and re-read messages. This makes us vulnerable to trying to reconnect even if it’s just to say “Hi, I hope you’re doing well.”
- Photos – happy memories will keep us anchored to the past and slow down (if not prevent) the healing process of moving on.
- Phone numbers and e-mail addresses – this helps prevent you from slipping and sending an e-mail, text or make a phone call when you hare having a weak moment.
- Consider throwing out or giving away gifts from an ex that can trigger memories of a different time in your life.
Clearing out past relationships from your life helps you become emotionally free from the past and emotionally available for the right person to enter your life. As long as you are tied to one or more past relationships, you cannot successfully move forward into a new healthy relationship.
If you enjoyed this article, please Like and Share on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter with your friends. You can subscribe to my weekly blog at http://luv4alifetime.com/
For information on workshops, events and coaching go to luv4alifetime.com/seminars.html.
About the author.
Rick Soetebier is an Author, Blogger, Speaker and Dating Coach. He has been a student of self and relationship improvement for more than 28 years. He is an astute observer of people and relationship issues. Over time and through a relationship and marriage that ended after 25 years, Rick started to develop some of the fundamental principles that are found in his book, Dating Backward: A practical guide to dating and finding your soul mate. You can benefit from his observations, education, research and personal experience by letting him help you make better relationship decisions. Date consciously and settle for nothing less than extraordinary in your next relationship.